During my little knit fabric sewing frenzy earlier in winter I thought I'd experiment with using some of my patterns (for woven fabric) on knits and see how they turned out. I had a go at using the Butterfly Breeze pattern to make a couple of comfy t-shirt dresses.
The way that I went about it for this pattern (and also the other blouse pattern I blogged about) was to preserve the length (i.e. use child's normal size for length) but lose a bit on the width (i.e. use one size smaller than usual for width).
This worked well on both patterns. Substituting knits for wovens may not always be so straight forward though. You probably need to consider each pattern on a case-by-case basis. Obviously with a really loose fitting design you may need to come in much further on the width.
The fabric I used is a really pretty rose print by Stenzo which I bought through Crafty Mamas. I used my twin needle to give the topstitching a nice finish - simple!