I couldn't agree more with Jessica's post about all the fabulous tutorials that are currently flooding blog-land, making it a veritable "Craft 101" of ideas and inspiration.
Where to start? Well here are a few that have caught the eye of Wink Designs:
- Fabric envelopes by Nous Nous. Super quick, super easy and very satisfying. To get the right result you need a bit of stiff fusible interfacing. Yes, the very same kind that bubbles and warps and makes you swear whilst you attempt to apply it to the back of a handbag piece. Except that for this kind of smaller project it didn't bubble at all. Here's one I made to go with a little boy's birthday present. A perfect chum for one of my fabric and paper cards. I modified the design slightly to make a curved closure and cut out a duplicate envelope piece which I sewed to the reverse to make a colourful lining.
- Amy Butler business card holder. Here's a super cute example made by Soo.
- Notebook Magazine's covered coathangers. Very chic and, as the article points out, not at all grandmotherly. I've gone so far as buying some craft hangers and foam from Spotlight but have no results to show as yet......
- Knitting a Lot's "Little Sisters Dress" (wish I could knit......).
- Lilac Moon's Rubber Stamped Tea Containers (aren't these just gorgeous?).
Incidentally, I'm also loving the Quick Crafts for Sanity group on flickr. Such a great name and one which makes me wonder what a group at the opposite end of the spectrum would be called? "Long and Tedious Insanity-Promoting Crafts" perhaps?!
Anyway, quick crafts is what we're all about here at the moment. (Note use of Royal "We"!) I'd love to hear of any other tutorials which you think are especially fabulous.....