There's been a bit of sneaky behind-the-scenes work going on around here.
As you know if you've been following along here, I've always designed patterns with the aim of making clothes for my two amazing girls that will fit them well and that they'll be happy to wear. Luckily that grew into a little business making patterns that a whole group of sewing friends and customers would love.
But as my girls grow and their tastes change (along with my own) I feel the need to shake things up a bit with some new ideas and challenges. And so, I'm a little sad (and a lot excited) to wave goodbye to "Wink Designs" and to announce the launch of my new adventure "Peach Patterns".
What "Peach Patterns" is all about:
- A brand that's in line with the fresh simplicity of the patterns and one that actually incorporates the word "Patterns".
- A look that is minimal and modern but still pretty and with a little nod to retro style (which, after all, inspires an awful lot of childrens' sewing and pattern design).
- More variety in the patterns (not just dresses!) with some pants, shorts, tops and leggings (and a jacket perhaps?).
- Larger sizes. So far, I've mainly stopped as Size 8 and will aim to offer more patterns up to Size 12.
- A range of quality patterns that you can trust, ones that are among the best of the best and that are supported by great tutorials, online support and inspiration that together help you get the best out of your patterns and sewing.
- Above all, patterns that enable you to make great quality finished garments that your child will love, that you had fun sewing and will get that "Wow, did you really make that?" reaction.....
Wink Designs has had so many lovely customers who've given great reviews, feedback and encouragement. I'll by no means be throwing out all their old favourite patterns. They will still be there along with some great new styles.
Thanks so much for all your support and please let me know what you think about the changes as you see them filtering through.
The new look is now live here on etsy (come over, check it out - you can use the discount code below) AND stay tuned for a stand-alone website which is my current little work-in-progress.
P.S. You can still access the content on this blog for the time being but soon I'll be blogging via my new site at www.peachpatterns.com
After Easter, I'll be calling for testers for my first Peach Patterns release - a cool new lounge pants/ harem pants pattern. I've been busily churning out wearable samples for my girls and they're loving them. A good sign! Keep an eye out if you're interested in signing up to test.....